Having raised some investment this year we have been busy working on the Peckish platform in the background. We have been focusing on 2 main areas;
- Flipdish Integration
- Improving the Search function
With both of these near completion, we will be relaunching Peckish across Cork and Dublin early in 2023. The relaunch will see us adding over 1,000 restaurants and over 100,000 menu items onto the system. As you can imagine, we are preparing our systems and processes to enable us to handle a large volume of customer requests and support for this.
In the meantime, will be pausing all active payments till we relaunch with the new platform. We will continue to list and update your menu on Peckish, furthermore we are currently updating each restaurant profile and menu as we speak.
This has been quietly in the works for a while now. We are nearing completion on our first integration of the year which is with Flipdish! This should be completed in the coming weeks and we will reach out to those of you who are already using Flipdish about the update. As some of you may know, Flipdish was recently in the news as one of Ireland’s latest tech unicorns - meaning they are worth over $1 billion 😮
How does it work?
- Customers can order directly from Peckish and the order will be sent to your terminal.
- They will not need to go to your website to complete an order.
- Flipdish will handle the payment and processing as normal.
- There will be no extra commission.
We cannot wait to roll this out! 🤗
We are delighted to announce we are raising investment via Spark Crowdfunding. Peckish is raising €150,000 to grow the business. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor before we raise a significant amount of private investment later this year.
Peckish Investment Video
Why Spark Crowdfunding?
- We chose to raise via Spark as we want to give you the opportunity to invest first 🤗
- Some of you have been helping us since day 1 - back when were just doing surveys on pen and paper, through prototype development with your chefs & managers, from the start of COVID and up till today by promoting us across your social media channels. We wanted to extend the opportunity to you and your network to invest in the growth of the business.
- Our campaign is currently private on the Spark platform. Investment will be open to the public once we hit 20% of our target (€30,000) which we expect to happen in the next week. Details on how to invest are below.
How to invest
Plans with Investment
- People: Build out the team with roles including a Senior Marketer, a Sales Development Representative and another Software Developer.
- Product: Developing out our mobile apps, developing requested features such as printable allergen sheets, increased insights on consumer activity along with integrations into relevant ordering & booking platforms
- Promotion: We have had quite a successful run on social media (recent stats shown below) without using paid ads. We want to drive more traffic to Peckish so we can promote your menus and increase the number of bums on your seats!
We are offering 25% discount on shares through our SAFE contract (whats a SAFE?) .
What that means is when we go to raise our next round of investment you will get a discount on the share price. For example: if the share price is €4 at our next raise, you will be able to purchase the shares with a 25% discount → €3.
It’s worth noting that the amount of shares you wish to purchase with a discount on the next round depends on the amount of share you purchase now. The discount will only apply based on the amount of shares you purchase now. For example, if you purchase 100 shares now, you can only get a 25% discount on the first 100 shares on the next round.
We have availability to come in and shoot content around your existing menu or any menu updates. This is included in your package anyway and it would be great to get some fresh content before the summer comes around 😎
Schedule a free through the link here.
You can now download all invoices directly from the page.
From next week all invoices will be sent out automatically from Stripe directly to your inbox.
Welcome to our new Updates page! We will be posting any relevant announcements on the business and internal development updates on the platform. We look forward to sharing all our wins, losses and everything in between with you.
We are updating all documentation under the Help tab on your left. Over the past 3 months, we have made some significant changes to the menu uploading setup that you might be used in order to create a more frictionless and seamless update process.
Our Billing Tab has had some small cosmetic updates on the text. More importantly, we have added a feature that allows you to Update your card details. You may need to update your card details if your card has expired or if you have a new replacement card. When a new card is added, it is automatically set at the default card for billing.
We have added an Ingredients tab for your restaurant. On the page, it lists all of the ingredients across all your menu items in alphabetical order. You can see all the allergens in the ingredient along with each dish the ingredient is listed in. The addition of this page streamlines and updates required for the menu, listed below are some notable updates.
Using the edit button on the right you can easily update the name of the ingredient and its respective allergen information. When the ingredient is updated, it automatically updates across all of the dishes it's listed in.
You can export your menu onto a CSV file as the information is listed on Peckish. We will update this in the future to allow you to export the information in PDF format which can essentially be used as your allergen sheet. The benefit of this function in the short term is to assist with any major menu updates and complements the Upload Dish function mentioned below.
Using the Add Ingredient button you can add a single new ingredient. The ingredient window will appear on the screen where you can add the name and relevant allergen information. This is useful if you add a new topping or additional ingredient to the dish. To add the ingredient to the dish, go to the menu page and select the dish you wish to add it to. We will be updating this feature to allow you to add the ingredient to multiple dishes on upload.
The Upload Dish feature allows you to add one or more menu dishes at a time. The best format to do this is to first hit the Export Dishes button. Add on any updates to the CSV file, this can be done using Excel, Libre Office or Google Sheets. When saving the file make sure to export it as a CSV. When your upload the CSV the window will display any updates, exiting ingredients and dishes.
Walkthrough videos for the above features will be added to the Help tab.
We have launched our Blog series. This is a mixture of content for both educating consumers and foodies on food trends and news, as well as useful content for you on marketing activities and industry trends. If you have any ideas or trends you would like us to investigate, or would like to be listed in any blogs for your own announcements - feel free to reach out 😁
Peckish was the Runner-up for the Hospitality, Food and Beverage Website of the Year Category in the Permanent TSB Digital Business Awards. We were delighted to take home this award as we are still an early-stage startup/new business. We’ll be going for gold next year though! 😉