Last Updated: February 2022
By using or registering on the WEBSITE, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy. Peckish is the data controller of your personal data necessary for the performance of the contract and legitimate ongoing business interests.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Save in the limited circumstances below, Peckish will remain in control of any information collected on the WEBSITE. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Peckish may collect information from our users at several different points on our WEBSITE.
Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of the WEBSITE and to supply "The Services" related to the provision of menu information.
The information about you which we collect consists of:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
- Registration information
- The registration information you provide when you create a Peckish account allows us to give you access to the Services and to supply them to you under our Terms. We also use this information to authenticate your access to the Services, to contact you for your views and to notify you of important changes or updates to our Services where necessary.
- Peckish may contact you by email, phone or SMS to give you status updates or other information or to resolve problems with your account.
- We will also analyse information on consumer related activity respective to yours and other merchants on the basis of data matching or statistical analysis so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and Services.
- Our analyses also help us detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities or acts prohibited by our Terms or any policies applicable to the Services.
- Information regarding your marketing preferences
- Peckish may market to you, where permitted by law, by post, email, telephone, mobile (i.e. SMS, in-app messaging and push notification) about our products or Services.
- Where you have given your consent, we may share your information with third parties (e.g. other companies) in other sectors (such as food, drink and entertainment) so that they can tell you about goods or services which may interest you.
- If you don’t want us to use your data in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com. You may also be able to opt-out of push notifications at a device level (e.g. by way of your iOS settings). If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
- Feedback and reviews
- If you give us feedback we will use it to reply to your questions or queries, to provide customer support and resolve any problems with your Orders or with the Services. We will publish reviews that you send to us about the Restaurants on our platform and our Services in general and we also analyse your feedback to improve and develop our Services and in order to enhance your experience.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you access our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device such as your IP address, MAC address or device ID. In some countries, including in Europe, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- Activity Information
- We analyse your buying habits and how you interact with our Services so that we can suggest food options from new restaurants we think you would like to try. If you choose to share your geo-location with us, we may use this information to show you content that is local to you; this information will also assist in helping you find the best dish to purchaseWe may also provide you with customised content and advertisements based on your previous interactions with our Services and our knowledge of your preferences which we understand from your usage and buying history relating to the Services.
- We enable you to access your Order history so that you can easily reorder with your favourite Restaurants. We may also collect information about your interaction with our emails and other forms of communication.
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
- Analytics reports and market research surveys
- We analyse information we collect from our third-party service providers (such as Google, Facebook, Amazon and other affiliates) to understand how you engage with our Services and advertisements (e.g. whether you have clicked on one of our advertisements). This helps us to understand your preferences and recommend you Services which are tailored to your interests.
We will provide access to certain User Information to third-party suppliers for them to perform certain functions for us as necessitated by the Member's use of any of the Services. These suppliers are not authorized to release this information to other third parties.
Who we may share your personal information with:
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, comment hosting, website analysis, data analysis, translation services and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so. This includes parties outside the European Economic Area.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: we may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on this WEBSITE or we may use an audience or traffic measurement service to analyse the traffic on this WEBSITE. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this WEBSITE and other websites you have visited Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and traffic measurement services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavioural information from the WEBSITE by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. This WEBSITE advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND BIOMARKERS DATA USAGE
The following is a summary of how we may share your data to enables us to deliver "The Services"
- Your data is securely stored on the Peckish platform, which is hosted by Amazon AWS in Ireland.
The legal basis on which we collect, process and transfer your personal data as described above is your consent, which you provide by using the WEBSITE and providing your responses to questionnaires on the WEBSITE.
You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data at any time by [emailing our data protection officer using the contact details described below].
SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION
Peckish is GDPR compliant and we employ best practice security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. Your information will be stored on dedicated server architecture within a secure data centre hosted by Amazon AWS in Ireland.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
In line with guidelines for the retention of personal data, your data will be held by Peckish for 5 years from your last contact/engagement with Peckish unless you send us a written request to delete your data prior to this time. This is necessary to provide background data for risk stratification outcomes.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes, as well as to make corrections if necessary. You also have the right in some circumstances to object to our continuing to process your personal information, or to ask us to delete, restrict the use of your information. In some circumstances you can also request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organisations (this is often referred to as the right to 'data portability').
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your personal information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
If you are unhappy about how we use your information, we hope that in the first instance you will let us know so that we are able to address your concerns. However, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. The Data Protection Commissioner website is www.dataprotection.ie
If you have questions or concerns regarding our use of your information, or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact Peckish Limited in the first instance. You may contact Peckish Limited at: Paul O’Shea Data Protection Officer, Peckish Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The WEBSITE contains links to other websites. We provide these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the relevant website by Peckish. Please take note that Peckish is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the WEBSITE and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or those linked websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such websites.This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the WEBSITE and as part of any service, we may deliver.
Data Protection Officer
All comments, queries, and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be sent to Paul O’Shea Data Protection Officer, Peckish Ltd, email@example.com.
Effective Date: 09/11/2020